home | previous | next

Old Ruggles House
postcard of the old Ruggles House

The house on lower Ruggles Lane near School Street owned by the Ruggles family for a number of years was probably built by Robert Badcock (1610-1694), an early Milton settler.  Mrs. Edwin Ruggles, the last resident, lived there until her death.  Unfortunately the house with its many valuable antiques was destroyed by a fire on June 27, 1932.