home | previous | next

Crossman House
postcard of the Crossman House

The Crossman House built circa 1760 on Crossman Lane was set on 22 acres of land that is now part of the Blue Hills Reservation. Before Alfred Crossman purchased the farm in the early 1800s, it had been used for a time as a smallpox hospital. In 1922 the house was demolished by the Metropolitan Parks Commission after the death of Albert Crossman who maintained a life tenancy for the property.