home | previous | next

Belcher School
Belcher School postcard

The old East School was vacated in 1894 when a new school was built on Church Street in East Milton, designed by Boston architect Harrison H. Atwood.  Two years later the name of the school was changed to Belcher School in honor of Colonial Governor Jonathan Belcher who had a home in Milton. In 1962 the school was torn down.