home | previous | next

Thacher School
Belcher School postcard

The morning of July 4, 1898 the Centre School burned down; being replaced in 1890 by a new Centre School. The name was changed to Thacher School in 1896 in honor of Rev. Peter Thacher, the town's first settled pastor. The school was torn down in the early 1980s and Milton Council on Aging was built on the site.